On December 11, Sega started streaming a new teaser trailer for Sakura Revolution: Maidens In Bloom (Sakura Kakumei: Hanasaku Otome-tachi). The 55-second teaser offers a brief overview of the main plot, which is set against a series of gameplay clips. The promo ends with a confirmation that Virtual YouTubers Hoshou Marine and Fubuki Shirakami will appear in the title.
In addition, the official Sakura Revolution Twitter account updated with a short teaser that shows off Nogiku Awaji’s special attack “Kokomi Seidō no Hikari.”
— サクラ革命【12月15日サービス開始予定】 (@sakura_kakumei) December 11, 2020
Sakura Revolution: Maidens In Bloom launches on December 15. Sega will host a live streaming event on that day to commemorate the release.
About Sakura Revolution
Sakura Revolution is a mobile RPG that’s being developed by Delightworks (Fate/Grand Order). The title was originally announced via two dueling projects: Sega’s Project B.L.A.C.K. and Delightworks’ Nippon Dakkan, before both were revealed to be one and the same during a live streaming event on September 2, 2020.
Sakura Revolution is set in an alternate version of Tokyo, in the year Taisho 100 (2011 CE). In the year Taisho 84 (1995 CE), disaster struck the capital in a calamity known as the Great Imperial Capital Disaster. The nation was able to rebuild and recover, thanks to the discovery of a new energy based on spiritual power, known only as Mirai.
Sadly, with the activation of the New Imperial Tower, the cherry blossoms stopped blooming. Moreover, demons known as “Koki” began to increase in number, lashing out to attack people across the nation. To protect the people, the government formed the Great Imperial Combat Revue B.L.A.C.K., who protect the people from evil while bringing light to their hearts with unmatched live performances.
While peace reigns among the people thanks to Mirai and B.L.A.C.K. and many have put their trust in the government, some have come to realize that it is but a false prosperity.
These brave souls are known as the Imperial Combat Revue, and their mission is to uncover the government’s conspiracy and retake Japan!
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Shino Sakura (CV: Moeka Kishimoto)
- Fuka Aoshima (CV: Ayu Matsuura)
- Asebi Mikohama (CV: Yuko Natsuyoshi)
- Prana Tosei (CV: Lynn)
- Meisa Akashi (CV: Ami Koshimizu)
- Kurumi Saimei (CV: Nao Tōyama)
- Yoshitaka Ooishi (CV: Kotaro Nishiyama)
- Nadeshiko Sakura (CV: Rie Tanaka)
- Kirin Aoshima (CV: Mika Doi)
- Angelica Tamano (CV: Rina Endo)
- Himeka Tenjin (CV: Sachika Misawa)
- Kusuno Imari (CV: Hitomi Sasaki)
- Mamiya Osumi (CV: Mitsuho Kanbe)
- Mei Kokonoe (CV: Yukiko Motoyoshi)
- Rin Shiranui (CV: Kotomi Aihara)
- Yuu Takachiho (CV: Minami Takahashi)
- Kurea Sekishou (CV: Ahiru Ohira)
- Maju Kazayuki (CV: Ayumi Ayano)
- Tenka Keburai (CV: Chihaya Yoshitake)
- Miyabi Hanami (CV: Ayako Kawasumi)
- Moemi Washu (CV: Miki Tamamiya) – Chugoku Flower Division (Okayama)
- Sudachi Sana (CV: Anna Yamaki) – Shikoku Flower Division (Tokushima)
- Benishi Hijikata (CV: Reina Ueda) – Kinki Flower Division (Kyoto)
- Riho Oigawa (CV: Hiyori Kono) – Chubu Flower Division (Shizuoka)
- Uchika Tateyama (CV: Anzu Haruno) – Hokuriku Flower Division (Toyama)
- Tsutsuji Takasaki (CV: Megumi Yamaguchi) – Kanto Flower Division (Gunma)
- Mutsuha Mogami (CV: Karin Takahashi) – Tohoku Flower Division (Yamagata)
- Mana Jujimachi (CV: Saki Minami) – Hokkaido Flower Division
- Belial (CV: Soma Saito)
- Mammon (CV: Akio Otsuka)
- Nogiku Awaji (CV: Teishi)
- Nanako Biei (CV: Minori Suzuki)
In addition to the confirmed cast members, Virtual YouTubers Houshou Marine and Fubuki Shirakami will have speaking roles in the title.
Vocal song Our Prayers, Our Future (Warera no Inori Warera no Mirai) plays in the background against the gameplay. The song, which is performed by the Imperial Combat Revue, was composed by Kohei Tanaka, with Aki Hata writing the lyrics and Akifumi Tada handling the arrangement.
B.L.A.C.K.’s debut solo, Wonderful Future was also composed by Kohei Tanaka, with Aki Hata writing the lyrics and Kenta Higashioji handling arrangements.